Gift this class
Drawing and painting with Watercolour & Ink
Here is an opportunity to explore drawing and painting techniques on watercolour paper with pencil, charcoal, inks and watercolour. Using seasonal flowers, foliage and found objects as your inspiration. You will have the opportunity to experiment with colour, line, texture and pattern. This is a perfect, spontaneous workshop for complete beginners through to intermediate with some drawing/painting skills, who are interested in a creative, expressive way to explore their artistic style.
- loosening up, quick drawing
- understanding the basics of drawing set up
- tones and shades
- mixing colour
- understanding watercolour paint and how to use it
- spontaneous painting
- finishing touches
About the tutor:
Jacqui Baxter is a Textile designer and Botanical artist, always inspired by the natural world, her artworks range from intricate botanical illustrations to loose, flowing floral patterns. Her commercial and educational experience in the textile industry and studies in botanical art make her a wealth of knowledge.
- Explore drawing and painting techniques on watercolour paper with pencil,charcoal,inks and watercolour.
- Learn to use seasonal flowers,foliage and found objects as your inspiration.
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with colour, line, texture and pattern.
- Go home with plenty of drawings and your own beautiful spontaneous paintings on watercolour paper.
- Everything will be provided. Advice will be given on the day about art equipment, if it is something you are interested in pursuing further.
- Materials fee: $25, this includes all materials: • watercolour paper • cartridge paper • use of watercolour paint/ inks/brushes • use of charcoal/pencils/palettes/water jars/ • cut flowers and foliage for drawing and painting
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
All beginners/intermediate welcome.